Wednesday, January 03, 2007

China Post 3

Tuesday 2nd January
We put on a concert for the school children today. The team did three dramas, a puppet show, two testimonies and we sung two Christmas carols. Ben spoke to the children about the meaning of the words in Silent Night. Each of the three classes of children also performed songs in English - "Kookaburra Sits on the Old Gum Tree", "Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in my Heart" and "Amazing Grace".
The principal of the school is very grateful for what we've done in the past four days. He wants a team to come for longer next year. We are praising God, that after it looked like we would not be able to do anything in the school, we have been able to have such an impact.
When we left the school today many of the children were crying. It was very emotional. My heart wants to stay here and help these children - many of them are extremely poor. We pray that these few days will be an encouragement for them. The children made paper bouquets of flowers for each of the team. My small group of girls gave me 365 paper oragami stars to help me remember them each day.
We had the afternoon off today. Thomas and I had a sleep. I have a head cold with headaches and fever so I am trying to get as much rest as I can. Annette, Kate and Thomas walked to the main shopping district of Kaili with others from the team. It is very cold here today - our coldest day yet. It was 2 degrees at 10am this morning.
For the past three days on our bus trip to the school we have seen a young boy sitting and begging in the middle of the footpath. We think he is blind and physically disabled. There are no means of caring for these people in the Chinese health system and this is their only means of survival.
Annette and Kate are both feeling the beginnings of a cold - please pray for our health and others team members who are unwell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete, great to be following news of your team. Our email system is down since Christmas (yeah... I confess: I did try to check emails during the hols :)) Anyway, we hope and pray things continue to go betterer and betterer for youse guys over there.