Wednesday, March 21, 2007

FORGE - Dangerous Stories 2 Summit

As Mike Forst said - what an uncreative title - Dangerous Stories 2 - couldn't they come up with an original name for the sequel.
Regardless of the name, it was a great weekend of networking with other missional church people and hearing their stories - hence Dangerous stories.
Brian McLaren and Wolfgang Simson were the international speakers and we had a host of home grown talent in Mike Frost, Alan Hirsch, and Daryl Gardner (NZ). There were a squillion workshops and electives for the 600 odd people to attend.
I was challenged by Wolfgang Simson's reports of massive church planting in Egypt, India, Myanmar and other parts of the developing world.
I was also interested to explore further the issues of hyperreality and the consumer culture we live in and how the church has bought into this mindset.
Idea Ripple have DVD's, CD's and MP3's of the summit - well worth a look. I've ordered a complete set of MP3's for the Kingsley library - so for you Kingsley students you'll be able to borrow these when they arrive.

4 comments:

Ross said...

Thanks Peter. I look forward to these new acquistions.

Ludicrousity said...

It was such a fantastic weekend! I was challenged, inspired and empowered. I'm so glad I went. I'm glad you ordered the MP3's too. Do you know when they'll arrive? Can you let me know when they do? Thanks!

Chris said...

so I have to ask ... how's mimos???? we miss you guys!!

dobbo said...

Mimos is going ok. We haven't met for a few weeks because of holidays but we're getting together again this Sunday. Will keep you posted.