Saturday, August 12, 2006

My Throat is Poisoned

Not like the reference in Psalm 5:9 "their lungs breathe out poison gas. Their throats are gaping graves, their tongues slick as mudslides." I have tonsilitis. I know that by posting this I will only perpetuate the myth that every 30+ male is a raving hypochondriac but for the last four days I have been bedridden with some shocking symptoms. It started on Tuesday at Kingsley with headaches and bodyaches that I controlled with the trusted panadol but that night the headachess got worse and with every cough I thought my head was going to explode. The headaches, bodyaches, fever,and cough continued all day Wednesday and the sore throat started to come Wednesday night. The throat got worse on Thursday - and for some consolation the headaches disappeared. The sore throat unbearable on Thrusday night and after goiung to the doctor on Friday and starting antibiotics, it continued all day Friday and still this morning. It hurts constantly, but especialy when I eat, drink, cough or swallow. Did you know we involunrarily swallow every 15 seconds - I do now!! So hopefully I'll start to turn the corner soon

2 comments:

Ross said...

What else can one say at a time like this but get well soon.

Ludicrousity said...

Poor Pete! What an attractive photo... :P