Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dandenong Ranges National Park

I grew up in the foothills of the Mt. Dandenong. For those who live in Melbourne or who have visited here, Mt Dandenong is where the television repeater towers are. Mt. Dandenong is in the Dandenong Ranges National Park which covers over 3000 hectares. There are great bushwalks and loads of picnic spots. The Dandenong Ranges National Park is one of the most popular tourist attrations in Victoria. Our family hosted four US students who are part of a group studying at Kingsley this semester. We spent half a day going from Belgrave to Mt.Dandenong. We drove up Mountain Hwy past my parent's property at The Basin and then headed along the Mt. Dandenong Tourist Rd to Kallista to feed birds at Grants Picnic Area. We drove to Olinda and had meat pies at Pie in the Sky for lunch. From there we drove to Sky High and and looked out over Melbourne. An enjoyable day out that concluded with a gathering of Mimos at our regular haunt - the Stolberg in Preston.

3 comments:

Chris said...

It's a fantastic park and I think I'd love to go back again and take some more pictures (once the new camera gets here) :)

Ross said...

I love the Dandenongs. Where's that big chair?

Ludicrousity said...

Hey Pete! Found your blog! Now you'll never get rid of me. Mwahahahaha! I'll cyber stalk you! Anyway, I love Mt Dandenong. My friends and I used to go up there a lot at night to look at the stars, or mostly the lights of Melbourne. It was always so cold. No idea why we kept going! I haven't been for ages. Hmmm... I should go there sometime.