Monday, October 09, 2006

The Dobsons are Going to China

Annette and I made the decision a couple of weeks ago to join others from the Balwyn Wesleyan Methodist church on a two week mission trip to Southern China. We'll be focsued primarily on ministry in schools and churches around Guangzhou and Nanning.
We're taking the whole family so that kids are really looking forward to it. Annette and I had planned to intentionally expose our kids to other cultures so this is a great opportunity.
We are doing some preparation with the rest of the team and we're involving the kids in that too. We had our first training session on Sunday and when we had nearly finished Thomas (our 4 year old) asked me when the training was starting. I said we had nearly finished. He then said "but I haven't done any running!"
We're looking forward to our time away and hopefully we'll have losts to post on the blog in January

4 comments:

Chris said...

You should've called the post "to keep the rabbits out".

... 'Net told me about it when we met for coffee, it's awesome stuff Dobo, you'll have to keep us in the loop :)

Ludicrousity said...

Wow! That sounds so exciting! What a great idea to take your kids and expose them to such a different culture! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ross said...

That sounds great, Peter. You won't regret the experience.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
I found your blog through a Google Blog Search for "Guangzhou Methodist." I'm researching the family of Rev. George Piercy, a self-supporting Wesleyan Methodist lay missionary from England who founded the first Methodist mission in Guangzhou in 1851. He joined the Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society in 1853. I am so happy that the Methodist presence in Guangzhou has survived/revived. Have a wonderful trip.
Lisa DiGennaro
Brooklyn, NY
digbklyn@juno.com