Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Two Great Aussie Movies

On my trip to New Zealand over the weekend to attend and speak at the New Zealand Wesleyan Methodist Annual Conference I had the opportunity to watch a couple of great new Aussie movies. I flew over on a 747 which was stopping at Auckland on the way to LA. I had my own personal screen with remote and could choose form a range of media for my "in-flight entertainment." I thought I would choose a movie that Annette would probably not want to watch with me and Kenny appealed to my sense of humour. It is a mock-umentary about a guy (Kenny) who works with portable loos (toilets). I reckon it will rank up there with Muriel's Wedding and The Castle as classic Aussie comedy movies.
The second movie that I watched (on the way home) was Footy Legends. It was a comedy-drama about a bunch of guys from Sydney who loved palying rugby. It revolves around a Vietnamese guy called Luc who is the captain of this team of misfits who were a champion high school team. Luc is raising his sister after his mother and father have passed away and he struggles to provide care when out of work and focused on rugby. I really connected with the characters in this movie and the strong story line was assisted by some clever comedy.

No comments: