Wednesday, November 29, 2006

FM Transmitter


When we bought our new Honda Odyssey (which we hope will last us 10 years)- it became Annette's Car and I was given the old workhorse - Holden VR Berlina. It's a great car, don't get me wrong - It was my parent's car originally and it has served us both well for over 10 years. But it only has a cassette/Radio and no CD player. So I was considering putting a new CD player into so I could enjoy my music while I do my 45 minute each way commute to work. However, I came across a more ingenious gadget to achieve the same purpose at a lower cost. It is an FM transmitter that plugs into the audio jack on my super duper PDA. I can play music direct from the PDA and it will transmit on a set FM frequency. I then tune the radio to that same frequency and hey presto - my music coming out of the car stereo. This is how I've been listening to Jars of Clay recently. Very cool!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

they are indeed very shiny ...

Ludicrousity said...

I have one of them, btu an official apple one that I use with my ipod. I'd be lost without it ! yes, I'm a technology junkie...