Thursday, June 21, 2007

What I'm Listening To

I've been listening to 5 Score and Seven Years Ago by Relient K - now my number one favourite band edging our Jars of Clay. This latest offering has the classic Relient K sound and has echoes of their previous two albums - MMHMM and Two Lefts Don't Make a Right - But Three Do. My favourite songs on the new album are "Come Right Out and Say it" and "Must Have Done Something Right". There are more songs about relationships which reflects the guys growing up but there is also the smattering of God focused lyrics in songs such as "Forgiven" and "Give Until There's Nothing Left". The shortest song on the album is "Crayons Can Melt on us For All I Care" which runs for 12 sceonds and the lyrics are: "I've just wasted 10 seconds of your life."

1 comment:

speedygeoff said...

Must say I agree with you. After acquiring Five Score &7 Years just the other day, it is already my favourite, and as a result I have dug out Relient K's first three albums to re-acquaint myself with them as well.
And that took me more than ten seconds to type.
Good to know there's more than one Australian fan.