Thursday, June 21, 2007

What I'm Watching

I've got really hooked on The Catherine Tate show lately. I caught the last half of series two on the ABC Wenesday nights and then bought the DVD a few weeks back. It's a bit rude in some places (as all good British humour can be) but it had me ROFL (Rolling on the Floor Laughing). It is disappointing that there is a bit of language because the sketches would be just as funny without it. We had our good frineds Colin and Ruth Harrison staying with us for a couple of nights and we showed them an episode - then we had to watch all six. They went out and bought the DVD the next day. A few classic lines - "Am I bovvered", "You will not believe this", "Take the shame though", "Is it though" and "The Liberty"
Here is a classic "Lauren" sketch (search youtube for more)

1 comment:

Ross said...

The last British comedy DVD I bought was Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge. Played by Steve Coogan, Partridge is an inept TV personality and chat show host.

Here's a clip where he attempts to sing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5g2Jksk8WVE